Recently I have discovered a new material for my recycled craft projects. Recycled art and crafting is a great way to upcycle water bottles. You can make amazing handmade flowers from this material.
It takes about 5 min to make this blue flower, the stem and the leafs. All of it is made out of water bottles.
This while flower is also a part of my recycle craft box project and it is made out of plastic bottles.
This was my main recycle craft project of the week. It’s a jewelry box made out of plastic bottles.
It’s my first try in making something like this. Here is a quick step by step how to for this plastic bottle DIY box:
1. Cut plastic bottles to make sheets of plastic
2. Make a paper pattern of the box
3. Cut out the plastic (you should fold two sheets of it together. Each side of the box is made out of two sheets of plastic)
4. Make holes on the edges with a pricker
5. Crochet each of the sides over with yarn using crocheting hook.
6. Stitch the box together with the hook and yarn.
7. Decorate it.
I have to admit, my first box turned out to be a little crooked. That’s because I did not make a paper pattern for it and cut the pieces unevenly. But still I really like it. It’s a nice recycled craft project to start with.
Posted in Crafting Tutorials, Crocheting
Tagged crafts, creative tips, creativity, crochet, crocheting, DIY, diy box, diy flowers, eco art, handmade, handmade box, handmade flowers, home decor, mom help, plastic bottle, recycled craft, recycled crafts: water bottle box, repurpose, tips for moms, upcycling, water bottle
Water bottle crafts are great because they are easy, cheap and green. You upcycle things and give them new decorating your house or making handmade jewelry.
Here is another one of my ater bottle crafts: plastic bottle basket:
It’s a nice little thing you can make with your kids. Here is what you need for this water bottle craft project:
– Water bottle
– Yarn and crocheting hook
– Nail polish or other decoration items
Here is what you do:
1. Cut the water bottle. I cut off the bottom and then the middle part ringand a slice of plastic for the handle.
2. Prick the holes in the bottom top edge, on both edges of the middle part ring and in the middle of the handle slip.
3. Crochet all parts of your bottle around separately. You get three pieces crocheted on the edges.
4. Crochet together the bottom and middle parts and attach the handle.
5. I have made dots with the nail polish on the bottom parts and glues flowers onto the middle part of the water bottle basket. You may decorate your water bottle projet in any way you wish to.
The good thing about water bottle crafts is that your imagination and creativity is your only limit there.
Posted in Crafting Tutorials, Crocheting
Tagged crafts, creative tips, creativity, crocheting, DIY, green living, handmade, home decor, housekeeping, plastic bottle, plastic bottle basket, plastic bottle crafts, repurpose, upcycling, water bottle, water bottle crafts
Makign a nice looking bracelet is very easy. Here is my step by step DIY bracelent how to for you. Here is what you’d need for your bracelet:
– Plastic bottle
– Crocheting hook
DIY bracelet how to:
1. Cut out a piece of plastic bottle. If it is too big for your hand or too small you may cut the plastic ring to make a strip out of it. This would let you make the ring smaller or bigger.
2. Use pricker to prick holes all around the plastic ring or strip from both sides. The holes should be placed near the endge on each side.
3. Use crocheting hook and yarn to crochet your DIY bracelet all around. I make three crochets into each hole. If i’ve made holes too wide apart, I make few chain crochets to bridge the gap between the two holes. Go in a circle all around the bracelet. This way you get two rows of crochet on each side of it.
4. Make a crocheted chain to fasten the bracelet and decorat it with beads. Or crochet a flower to decorate the bracelet.
Here is what you get: Your DIY bracelets
This is an easy craft and a green one, as you repurpose and upcycle things we usually throw away. Plastic bottle crafts have much to offer and most projects are pretty easy to do. I’ve spent about 10 min doing each of these DIY bracelets.
Posted in Crafting Tutorials, Crocheting, Handmade jewelry
Tagged crafting, crafts, creative tips, crochet, crocheting, DIY, DIY bracelet how to, green living, handmade, handmade jewelry, home decor, plastic bottle, tips for moms, upcycling