This recycling craft project involved both decoupaging and making flowers out of plastic bottles.
I have already made one of such flowers for many handmade box. Here is a list of things you need for this recycling craft how to plastic bottle project:
- Blue and white plastic bottles
- small plastic bottle for the vase
- Mode podge or transparent polish
- Decoupage napkins
- A candle
- A needle
You decoupage the plastic bottle the same way you decoupage the glass bottle. So, I’ll share the step by step how to only for the plastic bottle flowers.
1. Cut the sheet of plastic out of your blue plastic bottle
2. Cut out a paper pattern of the flower and draw it on the plastic. Cut out the plastic flower. You get a flat looking flower there.
3. Light up the candle. Heat up the needle and prick a hole in the middle of your flat flower.
4. Hold the flower by the needle and put it high up over the lighted candle. The heat would bend the plastic and make it look like a real flower. This is the hardest part of your recycled crafts project. You have to figure out the right distance to the candle to bend the plastic, but to prevent it from curling up or burning.
5. Cut out a piece of white plastic out of the white water bottle. It has to around half inch by hold inch in size. Cut one side in thin slices. The other edge should stay whole. Now roll up the plastic and hold it over the candle. This is how you get the heart of your flower.
6. Heat up a knitting needle over a candle and make a bigger hole in the flower to stick the heart through it. That’s it your plastic bottle flower is ready.
This is a pretty easy recycling craft project out of plastic bottle, but you can make amazing things from it.
I have made the decoupaged vase out of juice plastic bottle. You may also use nail polish to decorate the plastic bottle flower and its heart.